8 Effective ABM Strategies for B2B Marketing Success
Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is a highly effective marketing approach that allows businesses to target and engage high-value accounts by focusing on their specific needs and challenges. There are various ABM strategies that can be employed depending on the company’s goals, target audience, and budget. These strategies are designed to help businesses create a more personalized and meaningful connection with their prospects and customers, resulting in higher conversion rates and revenue growth. In this article, we will explore eight of the most popular ABM strategies and how they can be used to drive success in B2B marketing.
Demand Generation (Acquisition Program)
Goal: Generate a better qualified pipeline for Sales
- Pre-targeting: Generate awareness / orchestrate initial contact with new-new accounts
- Benefits: Improved engagement rates, account penetration through sales ready appointments with key decision makers.
- Account nurture: Engage key stakeholders, educate and build interest in the entire buying committee in target accounts.
- Benefits: Increased engagement throughout entire accounts and accelerated pipeline conversion
- Lead-to-account nurture: Expand your reach beyond individual leads and nurture the entire buying committee. Engage more stakeholders in the account.
- Benefits: Expand reach of nurture to other stakeholders, extend entry points within accounts, increase the likelihood of converting an opportunity
Sales Pipeline (Acceleration Program)
Goal: Close more deals, faster
- Pipeline acceleration: Support sales efforts to engage more potential sponsors and decision-makers in target accounts with education, experiences and evidence aligned to each stage of the buying process.
- Benefits: Shorten sales cycles, accelerate opportunity progression, increase won rates
- Re-engagement: Re-engage “non-active” opportunities to build a Sales Pipeline with accounts that are most likely to close.
- Benefits: Reactivate the lost pipeline that has a high propensity to buy
Customer Marketing (Expansion Program)
Goal: Yield more revenue and less churn from your customer base
- Customer Retention: Maintain revenue within existing customer accounts through regular engagement.
- Benefits: Improved customer value and churn rates by engaging the entire account
- Cross/Up-sell: Introduce additional offerings to existing buying centers in client accounts.
- Benefits: Increased revenue in existing accounts (existing buying centers)
- Land and Expand: Grow revenue from existing accounts by engaging new divisions or business units within accounts.
- Benefits: Increased revenue in existing accounts (new buying centers)